Crowns in Little Rock, AR
A crown is a custom-fabricated tooth-shaped cover that fits snugly over a tooth to restore its function and appearance. Crowns in Little Rock, AR are manufactured from a wide range of materials including metal alloys, porcelain, porcelain fused to metal, zirconia, stainless steel, and composite resin.
If you’d like to transform your smile using crowns, we welcome you to Knight Dental Care for a consultative session with our dentist near you. We’re a family-friendly dental office that provides comprehensive dental care for patients of all ages. Our dentist has extensive experience providing patient-tailored services across multiple dental specialties.
Reasons for Crowns
Dr. William Knight may recommend dental crowns if you’re struggling with any of the issues listed below:
- Severe tooth decay. Crowns cover large dental fillings and are also used to reinforce a tooth after root canal therapy.
- Tooth discoloration. Some cases of tooth discoloration cannot be resolved via tooth whitening procedures. If this is the case, our dentist in Little Rock, AR may choose to restore your smile using custom crowns.
- Misshapen teeth. If you aren’t particularly enthusiastic about your teeth’s appearance, you may be a good candidate for dental crowns.
- Worn teeth. Tooth grinding can wear down teeth. Dental crowns rebuild teeth that are worn from grinding.
- Missing teeth. Crowns are used to cap or encase implants and provide support for dental bridges.
The Treatment Process
Traditionally, dental crowns require at least three visits to the dentist. During the first visit, the dentist evaluates your suitability for crowns and comes up with a custom treatment plan. On your second appointment, the dentist prepares your teeth and takes your dental impressions. These are then shared with the dental lab, which manufactures custom dental crowns from your preferred material. On your third and final visit, the dentist cements the crowns in place, revealing your brand new smile.
In the case of same-day crowns, the treatment process is simplified and fitted within a single visit. Same-day crowns rely on advanced computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacture (CAD/CAM) technology to accomplish treatment within significantly shorter times.
Since every patient is unique, the treatment process may differ depending on the patient’s needs. For instance, patients who require crowns to replace missing teeth may need to undergo dental implant surgery. In contrast, those who require crowns to restore decayed teeth typically require dental fillings before getting their crowns.
At Knight Dental Care, we’re committed to ensuring a memorable experience for every patient. If you’re interested in dental crowns near you, contact us to schedule a visit with Dr. William Knight.